Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentines & Training...

After a day out shopping last week with my sister I was surprised by all the random things people have thought up to put a heart on or shape into a heart for Valentine's Day.


It so happened that the following day my wonderful husband noticed that Ribeye was on sale at our local grocery store . In the shape of nothing other then a heart. Of course we bought it, not because we are cheesy romantic like that, but because we love steak. Mmmm, mmm.

On the swim,bike,run front I had greater hopes for last week, but I didn't quite get to everything I set out to. Even still I wasn't discouraged with what I had accomplished and am very confident those last lingering effects of my post-Japan cold are on their way out.

Establishing a new routine to account for all the tri & marathon training is under way. I have started to resign myself to the fact that getting up early to take Jeremy to work & then myself to the gym/pool will be a necessity for the next few months until the snow melts and we can use alternate modes of trasport. I am silly excited to get back on both the Bicycle and Motorcycle again.

This morning was another swimming attempt. I would put it under the classification of successful, but slow. I was able to complete 35laps which amounts to about 1mile. That's the farthest I have gone, that I can recall anyway. Last year I kept terrible record of my training sessions in general & given my tendancy to forget how many laps I've done doesn't help.

Tomorrow will tell how much soreness I will have from the added distance, but for now I'm just looking forward to tomorrow's run. :)

No comments: