Saturday, February 28, 2009

14 days & 12 training sessions...

In the past week I have settled into a routine. One that is delightfully more structured, but tiring. Hence my blog post neglectfulness as of late.

Over the course of 14 days I have logged a total of 12 training sessions. w00t!

In summary...

Swim: Continues to get better. I would hope so after 4mi. of it this month. Attitude makes much more of a difference then one would expect. I am learning that if I mentally feel like a swimmer I perform better, if not my form falls apart and I'm dead in the water.

Bike: Not even a fraction as fun indoors, but having a simulated workout with animated cyclists passing by to chase after on an LCD screen definitely helps. Just need to add distance in the coming month. Then hopefully back on Tangerine in not too long!

Run: Still absolutely love it! Trying to behave my training program is tough. Running anything under 5miles seems silly. Had my first experience running in a semi-blizzard at 5am Thursday morning. Wasn't as miserable as it could have been, but was glad to warm up when it was over.

Tri-gear has been on my mind this week. Once I can actually get on my bike again I will need pedals & road shoes (no more baskets and sneakers for me). Maybe some Aero-bars. And definitely a wetsuit. I've decided that spring seems closer when standing looking at said gear at the local bike shop. So, that is where I found myself at least twice this week.

In other news I have been very distracted by the Jersey design contest I have entered into on Team Estrogen.com Voting started on Friday and so far my design is in the lead.




It has been titled "She loves hills". A combination of two of my Japan photos & conceptually based off of the daisy petal pulling tradition of "he loves me, he loves me not." Most cyclists love hills whether it be for the joy of coasting down them or the ability to gain on other competitors while climbing.

Come Friday the final vote will be tallied. I'm excited to see who wins. :) Having my design & photography printed on a jersey would be awesome, not to mention the gift certificate at TE. I'll keep you posted on how that turns out.

In closing for this week, something to pray for would be: health. My Beloved found out he had Pneumonia last week & still doesn't feel 100%. Definitely better then he was prior to anti-biotics though. In the last two days my lungs have felt a little iffy so I'm really hoping I haven't caught it. Could just be a normal cold in combination to stiffness in my swimming muscles or something along those lines, but I'm allowing myself more sleep & being mindful to take in plenty of fluids.

Time will tell what's what.

No comments: