Thursday, February 12, 2009

It's that time of the year again...

Time to chop of my hair in preparation for tri-season...

Before----->

After----->
Time to get over the post holiday vacation laziness & decide what races to sign up for this year.

Time to get in the pool again. Act like I know what I'm doing. Try not to drown.

Time to make a Mac widget of my marathon training program & lock into it.

Time to accept the added clutter of tri gear in a one bedroom apartment.

Time to kiss my husband, head out the door & hope that he will still kiss me when I get home smelling like Chlorine, Sweat or some combination of the two. (He always does, I married a good man.)

It is nice to be home. I enjoyed every minute of Japan. It was a trip packed with adventure & one I will never forget. Perhaps because it feels as though I will be uploading trip picks forever. I've only reached folder #4 out of 12 folders on my memory. Click on the slideshow to the right or Here to view them.

Coming home I was fronted with a lot of changes. Nothing bad, just different.

In an effort to become more fit/comfortable for races in the future Jeremy has decided to take this year off. His chosen mode of exercise this season is Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. As much as I enjoy beating myself up with training for my races, Jiu-jitsu just doesn't appeal to me.

So, as a couple we will be adjusting to training for our own sports alone. Which is a new thing for us. I will miss having my Beloved participating in races with me, but I want him to do what inspires him and if this is it, so be it.

As for me, I'm having a hard time deciding which half ironman to sign up for this season. There is one that is towards the middle of June and another (in Wisconsin) the end of July. I am guessing it will probably be June even though that gives me a month less to prep. but I have only heard good things about this race & since it is closer perhaps some of my family or friends will be able to come cheer for me.

So far this week I have:

Swam, Swum, Swimmed 750meters (I've come to the conclusion if it's to icky outside to run I will swim instead that day.)

Ran 8.25 miles This morning was another 5:30 am run with the Dick Beardsley Group. Beautiful run for me and really invigorating to be back running in familiar places.

Tomorrow is another swim day. Getting back in the pool on Monday for the first time in about 6months wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Its sort of like riding a bike with the exception of not remembering my breathing pattern or if I ever had one. lol. Good news is the locker-room at my gym has been remodeled and after going to an Onsen I'm not affraid of going there and getting my workout done. :)

No comments: