Tuesday, October 28, 2008

What came first?

Saturday night I went to bed chilled. The special kind of chill that tends to stick with me most of the winter months.

After a beautiful autumn ride that morning the thought of snow hadn't really occurred to me. To be honest I was more excited about my running tights fitting over my bike shorts and
contemplating the warmer gear I'd need for the next trips out on Tangerine.

Come 4 a.m. Sunday morning I had different thoughts. 50-60 mph gusts were thrashing against our apartment hard enough to wake both Jeremy and I up. Uhg.

We checked the bedroom windows to make sure they were completely closed and locked.Sometimes they whistle like it's more windy outside than it actually is, but such was not the case. It truly was that windy. The sleep following that initial stir was fitful.

What we didn't see on our window panes when we checked them earlier is what we woke up to later that morning. *Snow*

The sight neither excited nor disappointed me. Which is odd. The prospect of strapping on my board and wanting more time on my road bike collided. Usually snowboarding rivals quite a lot, but this year it is different. I realize now that I have a problem, which isn't actually a problem at all: Too many passions.

By noon the dusting of snow we received had melted. More time to ride, my bicycle. For now.

With snow already having fallen you'd think that the trees here would be barren and the grass a dull shade of green, but the cool weather seems to have brought out the color.

Here are a few photos from the path I typically run on (taken today).


As to the start of this week, Yesterday was another attempt at Pilates. It gave me a headache again. Which either means I'm forgetting to breathe or not doing the exercises right. I'll find out soon enough. Classes are three times a week so that gives me plenty of opportunity to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Other then that, Jeremy and I have been feeling run down so far this week. Unfortunately that's not from running, but more than likely some bug going around. We are doing our best to take it easy. I shoot a wedding on Saturday and need to be healthy.

Again another conflict of passions. Sometimes work trumps training. No complaints. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if seeing a chiropractor might help with the headaches?

Love the picture of your keens matching the orange leaves.