Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Commuting & Bib "Art"

This morning while my orange flavored Hammer Gel settled I was debating whether to do a short run or ride. Knowing that I would be swimming this evening and that I had errands to do I opted for a ride on The Tangerine. It was a short 4.25mile jaunt to and from the bank with a stop to drop off my Beloved's lunch at the office and another to pick up the makings for dinner tonight (Chicken salad, Mmm). Surprisingly it was actually easier getting to my bank via bicycle then it is in my car and the strange looks I received from the Tellers as I rolled up to the drive-thru made the errand much less ho-hum then usual. :) I love commuting.

Yesterday's "Digging" for race results left a pile of bibs sitting on my kitchen table. As a neat freak I knew I couldn't let them stay there for long. Which brought to mind the idea Jeremy and I had thrown around last year of connecting our race bibs and hanging them as "art". I'm not sure what to think of it yet, but I am guessing that seeing the bibs will encourage me to get out there and keep training.

It is super simple to do and you've already got the safety pins to attach the bibs together should you decide you want your very own "bib art". I just attached the top two bibs to the wall with push pins, it was easy and the land-lord wont have a fit.

Here is how it turned out...


As for the rest of my day, the IP pool is calling my name. Upon putting together a log of the training I have been able to do this month I was disappointed most of all with the amount of swimming I hadn't done. It's no wonder I'm so slow.

After an intimidating first real open water swim (last month) I've felt the weight of needing to push myself harder and harder in the pool. No more stopping at the wall for breaks. The remaining triathlons for this season all have OWS so I will need to learn how to do without the crutches I have gotten used to propping myself up on. Polyester, Spandex, Silicone & Chlorine... here I come!

If only a decent lake were closer then 30+miles away.

RLU

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that your art deco furniture I see in the background of this picture?

Some of the guys from church and I are going for a little bike ride tomorrow morning. Should be fun!

RLU said...

Yes, that would be the tinsel weaved art deco furniture. :)