Sunday, March 21, 2010

Time for Trail...

The last two months I have been battling on again off again sinus issues which has been as much fun as sand in a speedo. Thankfully it seems I am making my way past the sick all week but healthy enough for the weekend long run followed by a solid training week followed by a full week totally under the weather & stuck in bed cycle.

Despite the illness I have had some great training sessions one of which included 18miles of hills with the ultra crew starting at 4am going off of a few hours of sleep to practice running with a headlamp and fatigue. Believe it or not filming in the dark is as black on camera as it is in person so I didn't bother posting that, but let it be known it was done and actually quite enjoyable. :)

Now for this weekend's fun...

With Fargo spring flooding and gravel roads in the country getting a bit dull Maggie (a.k.a. the best running buddy a girl could ask for!) & I decided to hit the trail a bit earlier than planned this season. Much to our surprise & delight over 95% of the snow out at Maplewood had already melted making for a stellar 11 miler!

3 comments:

Thomas Tan said...

Rachel,

Glad you're feeling better and getting back on track with your training. Cool blog, love the photos!

PunkRockRunner said...

Great video (I have got to figure out the whole video thing).

I'm assuming your not in the Vibrams.

All the best,

Ron

RLU said...

No, not VFFs last weekend. I wasn't sure how cold & soggy it was going to be so didn't want to risk it. Pretty sure I'll be in them for my recovery runs coming off of this weekend though!