Saturday, March 27, 2010

Round #1 of the Double 26.2 Weekend

Simply put: today was a very blessed day.

With back-to-back 26.2s this is an epic weekend in ultra training for Lean Horse. After weeks of deliberation I decided on fairly scenic trail for the first marathon (when we would hopefully feel the strongest/spry) and leave the country gravel roads for the second (when we would be on tired/sore legs.)

What I didn't expect was such a good turn out of fellow runners to help pace sections of the trail with Maggie & I, or such comfortable weather, or a body that was agile to the very end. Did I get tired at portions, of course. Did I finish feeling stiff & sorta sore, sure. But can I run a full 26.2 tomorrow, Absolutely. Let's do this!

Here's praying that the Lord will allow me to wake up feeling as jolly good as I do right now. :) One can hope.