Wednesday, January 14, 2009

We made it!!

After three planes and two trains we are safely in Japan. Considering all it takes to get here, the travel went very well. We were blessed. However staying awake for the final leg of the last train here was extremely difficult. I have never been so tired in my life. When I got hiccups I was thankful, because they helped keep me from nodding off every 15 seconds.

Tokyo station was the most people I have ever seen rushing to get somewhere. Over 14million people go through the station every day and yesterday I was a bit overwhelmed by the crowds.

Thankfully just shortly after getting on the first train, the sun was setting and off in the distance in a wooded area we saw a runner. I never thought that would help me feel less out of place, but it did.

Now I'm off to try Sushi. Time to be brave. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Glad you made it safely. Miss you so much. It's weird thinking you're on the other side of the planet. We looked at pics of Japan on Panoramio last night. Looks neat where you are. I can't believe you're going to try sushi. You wouldn't even eat shrimp flavored ramen growing up.