Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sushi & Ramen....

I got a chance to upload some pictures. They aren't edited and cropped as I can do from home which bothers me, but it's the best I can do from here using Jeremy's work machine.

Here are a few from Tokyo Station.....

Tokyo Station

The bullet train platform. For some reason the bullet trains look like old-school Nikes to me.

Tokyo Skyscrapers @ Station

My Sweetie at the station with the Tokyo skyline in the background.

Pics from the Sushi place...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I tried Salmon and lean tuna sushi and some fried octopus. The Salmon and the Octopus were doable. The tuna, not so much. Little too fishy for me. After we saw one piece still moving (yeah, it's that fresh) I was feeling less adventurous so I stuck to what was fried. Good news is I never gagged so I didn't come across impolite.

In the days I've been here so far I have experienced...

*Bullet train rides.

*Sushi

*Lomi Lomi Massage (that was a nice treat, my shoulders have been a little tense from the travel)

*Authentic Ramen. (Drew, you need to try this.)

* Family photos in Kimonos (Beautiful pieces of clothing, but a ton of work to get into & feel sort of like a corset in the middle.)

* Japanese Curry ( Not as good or as spicy as Indian. Still very good)

*Japanese Fish-Market/Open Market (Saw fish I didn't know existed and local produce. Had green tea & sesame ice-cream. It was a really neat place.)

* Karaoke-Japanese Style (Way different then in the states. A lot more fun. You get your own private room with tambourines and maracas .)

A lot to pack into a couple of days. Jeremy and I are handling the jet-lag surprisingly well, which helps. I am sleeping when I should be and don't tend to wake up for more then 15 minutes at a stretch. Usually I can talk myself back into a sleep state. By the time 8pm rolls around though, I'm ready for bed. Which means I am very ready now and am going there.

Tomorrow morning we leave for a few days up at the mountains. I'll let you know what Japanese snowboarding is like. Apparently the runs aren't well marked so we'll see what happens. Should be interesting. :) Looking forward to it!

Not sure how to fix the sizing of the photos. Just click on it and view them that way for now. I'm to tired to figure it out. lol.

2 comments:

Susan said...

That looks like natto and raw okra sushi. How did it taste?? I've never dared to try natto (although I do enjoy Chinese preserved tofu).

RLU said...

Most of what I tried was good. But my husband thought all that he tried was fantastic. I'm just not a fish eater so everything I tried was a bit of a stretch! Glad I was brave, it was worth the adventure. :)