Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Triathlete's Wife...

Being married to a triathlete and being one myself has incurred some changes in our relationship. Let me point out that most of those changes have been positive ones. In fact the only real downside at this point is the extra load of tech-gear that piles up in our laundry room each week & budgeting for gear, but that's a necessary evil.

Today it hit me when I opened up the parcel my Beloved said would be coming in the mail with a surprise for me in it that those sweet gifts we give one another when we feel the need to spoil just aren't the same.

For most married couples the husband's idea of gifting ranges from going out to buy flowers, a box of chocolates or some time at the spa. Not my hubby. He has always been an awesome "gifter" and yes I've been spoiled with all the things I listed prior, but now his gift ideas have shifted to tech. Technical gear that is.

These were in the box.... :) Don't pay any mind to how white my legs are. Please. Thanks.



They will last longer then flowers or chocolates. Especially chocolates. And I absolutely love them!

I haven't run in them yet. That should happen tomorrow, but so far just walking around the house has been very comfy in the Injinji socks. Adjusting to actual toe socks is a little weird, but I think I'll like it. If nothing else it will creep some people out. Can't beat NuWool either.

Other then that, yesterdays run was a bit difficult in areas. Most of the paths I ran on were covered in at least 2-3" with 6" in spots where the plow or drifting had piled up the snow. It takes a lot more leg work to keep sure footing and not hurt an ankle on the uneven surfaces. I am a little stiff today, but not to bad. Will definitely be using my new route again. It is away from the road & more scenic for about 3 miles of a 5.3 mile run.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your toes look good in purple.