Monday, November 14, 2011

Keeping it Interesting...

When we had new motorcycle tires put on the Kawi this summer I asked to keep the worn out rear, I had other plans for it:


As winter nears so does the "off" season, but I'm keeping it interesting. Yesterday I ran five miles with 10 cloverleaf hill repeats thrown in dragging that & it was awesome! Difficult, well yeah. Confuse many a motorist, without a doubt. But the mile at the end when I unclipped the harness to run free I absolutely flew.

Someday this body will cover 40k of elevation change in 35-ish hours. Someday it will drag a loaded sled 135miles thru the snow in sub-zero temps. When that someday comes I'll be ready.

2 comments:

Tim said...

What are you using for a harness or belt to attach you and the tire together without too much back or waist pain?

RLU said...

Tim, right now I'm using a dragging harness for deer hunting. It's not ideal, but it was only $10 and readily available. I eventually hope to get the full harness from http://skipulk.com/products-and-components/components-and-accessories as part of my Arrowhead135 gear set.